Vegan Raspberry Protein Muffins
These protein muffins are so tasty, they can't even seem to last a full 24 hours in my house when Beau is around. They happen to be super convenient for breakfast because you can just grab one of these and a piece of fruit and go.
The protein I use is completely vegan and is a pea protein isolate from Evolve, I picked mine up from ASN Brisbane. Normally I find a lot of protein powders don't bake well, they seem to have a strange chemical reaction to heat, but this one works just perfectly and the muffins have a nice, soft texture. If you're looking to buy the protein this is what it looks like:
Makes: 4 Calories: ~160
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup vegan protein powder
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 6g stevia
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 190C
- I like to put my muffin wrappers in a deep-sided tray (because after I put the mix in the wrappers I pour a little bit of water into the tray to help stop the muffins from drying out)
- In one bowl combine the almond milk, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, stevia and vanilla bean paste and stir them together, then let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- In a second bowl place all the other ingredients EXCEPT for the raspberries and combine them together.
- Stir the milk/oil mix and then pour it into the bowl with the dry ingredient, stir together until the mixture is even.
- Fold in raspberries
- Spoon into the muffin wrappers
- Cook for about 40 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes or so before eating.