You can't sound unhappy when you say "Mexibeans!" This is one of the lunch or dinner meals which Beau and I meal prep and eat sometimes during a regular week. We really love food that has a bit of spice to it because we find it more interesting to eat. These can store really well in the fridge for a few days (provided you make it all and then add the avocado separately just before you're about to eat it).
Calories per meal: ~278 Makes: 5 meals
- 2 cans of five bean mix
- 2 capsicums (finely sliced)
- 2 cobs of corn (sliced from the cob)
- 3-4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 avocado (diced)
- 1 red onion (finely sliced)
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fajita simmer sauce
- In a saucepan combine brown rice and water and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer for 40 mins.
- About 20-25 mins after the rice has started cooking place a skillet over low heat and add olive oil and onion. Let these cook for 2 minutes on their own and then add in the corn, capsicums, cayenne pepper, simmer sauce and beans.
- Stir the bean mix occasionally and allow it to cook for about 15-20 minutes on a low heat.
- Divide up into 5 servings and store or eat!