Recipe: Peanut Butter Bites (Almond-Centre)
DO YOU LOVE PEANUT BUTTER? What about almonds? If you said yes to both I'll consider us friends. Peanut butter is great but can the amount of calories it contains can put a downer on the enjoyment. Welcome to 2015, where you can get your head transplanted onto someone else's body and buy powdered peanut butter that has 85% less calories from fat compared to regular peanut butter. Science is amazing! This peanut butter is by Bell Plantation and is called PB2. I got the chocolate one, because, well why not haha.
Let me show you a fun recipe to make with it! If you don't have PB2 but still want to make some little snacks like these then you can sub the PB2 for almond butter.
- 3/4 cup PB2
- 1/3 cup water (only if using PB2)
- 3/4 cup oats
- 6-8 whole raw almonds
- If you are using PB2 mix the PB2 and water together in a bowl until it becomes more like peanut butter
- Add the oats into the bowl and mix through
- Take a small amount of the mixture (half the size of your palm should be fine) and roll it into a ball
- Take an almond and press it into the centre of the ball
- Once the almond is in the middle roll the ball again to smooth out the edge
- Pop them into the fridge (30mins) or freezer (10mins) before serving!
Make sure they get to see this!