Recipe: Coconut Chicken Curry
I love spice, I love coconut, and I love meals that don't take long to put together. So for me this is a meal from heaven haha. I really don't like spending too long cooking, and most of the time I make a lot of food that can be packed up and eaten at a later date. I know I usually post a lot of vegetarian/vegan recipes, but I'm not either of those, and sometimes I do in fact eat meat, so this recipe does contain that. If you can handle spice, give this one a go!
Makes: 4 servings
- 1.5 cups brown rice
- 500g chicken breast
- 2 cups frozen vegetables (I just used green veg)
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1.5 tsp chilli powder
- 200mL coconut cream
- First take your brown rice and place it in a saucepan with 3 cups of water, place this on a high heat on a stove element until it boils, then turn it down to a low temperature and allow it to simmer, stir occasionally (it should take 30-40 mins to cook depending on your stove)
- While the rice is cooking cut up your chicken and place it in a frying pan on medium heat with 1/2 tsp of olive oil
- Add in the curry powder and chilli powder, allow the chicken to cook most of the way through
- When the chicken is nearly cooked all the way through add in the desiccated coconut, coconut cream and frozen vegetables, cook for a further 10-15 mins on a low heat (place a lid over your pan if you have one for it).
- Serve, or store, whatever you need to do!