Recipe: Chickpea Noodle Salad
- 6 large kale leaves
- 50g rice vermicelli
- 1 lemon
- A pinch of himalayan salt
- 1 brown onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Pad Thai paste
- 1 can of chickpeas (rinsed)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion salt
- Baby spinach
- Grated carrot
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- To prepare your kale take six large, washed leaves and cut around the spine of the leaf before chopping into small pieces.
- Place the kale in a bowl and add the juice of 1 lemon and a pinch of Himalayan salt, massage these into the kale and leave it to sit on it's own while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Place a skillet on medium heat with 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Cut up 1 brown onion and place it in the warm skillet.
- Allow the onion to cook on it's own for five minutes before adding in 1 tin of rinsed and drained chickpeas and turn down to a lower heat.
- Also add paprika, curry powder and onion salt to the onion/chickpea mix.
- In a new bowl place 50g of rice vermicelli and enough boiled water to completely cover the vermicelli. After 5 minutes use some kitchen scissors to cut up the vermicelli. Allow this to also sit on it's own for a few minutes.
- After the chickpea/onion mix has cooked for 20 minutes add 2 tablespoons of Pad Thai paste and allow it to cook on a low heat for a further 5 minutes.
- While the chickpeas are finishing begin constructing your salad bowls. Combine the pre-prepared kale and vermicelli with some baby spinach leaves, grated carrot and coriander.
- Add the chickpeas on top once they are finished.