Recipe: Pumpernickel Toast Stack
Carbs 30g / Fat 25g / Protein 15g / 425 cals
- 1 egg (I only photographed it with 1, but made and ate it with 2. Macros consider '1 egg', but the recipe shows how to cook both at once)
- 1 slice of pumpernickel bread
- 2 kale leaves
- Olive oil
- Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup butternut pumpkin (I purchased pre-cut)
- 1/4 avocado
- I microwaved my vegetables to save time, however you can cook them in whichever method you please! In this recipe I will be sharing how I cooked them.
- Take a deep frying pan and fill it with water, place it on a high heat (this is what we will use to poach two eggs at once.
- While waiting for the frying pan with water to heat up - place butternut pumpkin and a small amount of water into a glass container, microwave for 5 mins.
- Cut up 2 kale leaves, place in another glass container, cover with a small amount of olive oil and Himalayan salt and massage the leaves well. when the pumpkin is finished, microwave these for 2 mins.
- When the water in the pan is developing bubbles take another pan and put it on a medium heat, place the pumpernickel bread on this to just slightly cook (or place it in the toaster for a short amount of time).
- When the water has lots of little bubbles in it it's time to cook the eggs, crack both eggs into separate sides of the water-filled pan and allow them to poached for around 2 mins (if you want a runny yolk).
- Remove the pumpernickel bread from the other pan, stack the kale, avocado and egg(s) and serve with pumpkin
- If desired drizzle some olive oil over the top