Anyone who knows me really well knows that I am absolutely obsessed with cinnamon buns (when I first started eating healthy I actually had dreams about them because I wasn't letting myself eat them). For a while I've been trying to come up with something that tastes like cinnamon buns but isn't completely terrible for you and I think I've finally got it!
Makes 1 serving
Carbs 54.5g / Protein 6.5g / Fat 4g / Calories 252
- 1/2 a banana
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence (or 1/4 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2g Stevia
Ingredients (Icing) this will make enough for 2/3 servings
- 1/4 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2g Stevia
1. Heat oven to 180°C (356°F)
2. Make the 'icing' by combining all the icing ingredients in a glass, stirring together and them placing it in the fridge.
3. In a bowl mash the required amount of banana, add in all the other ingredients and mix until it is an even consistency
4. Place in an oven-safe bowl or mould and let cook for 15-20 minutes (until the top is firm)
5. Remove from oven and let it cool a little before removing from the mould or bowl
6. Pour some of the icing over the oats!