Recipe: Chia Seed Snack
I'm not sure about anyone else, but one of the things I used to struggle with is finding healthy snacks (other than just plain fruit or vegetables) that are actually good for you and satisfying. One of my favourite little treats is chia seed pudding. It goes really well with a whole different variety of fruits, but I really like to serve with with berries, either just frozen or heated and mashed into a pulp like in the above photo. I personally prefer to use coconut milk for my chia seed pudding as I find it has a creamier consistency than other milks.
Makes 1-2 servings (depends on how much you feel like!)
Carbs 19g / Fat 24g / Protein 9g / Calories 326
Note - Macros based on 1 serving.
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 cup of light coconut milk
- Combine chia seeds and coconut milk and stir the seeds through as evenly as possible.
- (Optional) Add in a teaspoon of maple syrup or some vanilla bean seeds
- Let the mixture set in the fridge for at least 3 hours (I usually find overnight works best)