Recipe: Chocolate & Peanut Butter Oats
Dessert for breakfast? Why not. And nope, this is not as unhealthy as the name suggests. I find plain oats to be so boring, so here is a combination I decided to make. These are overnight oats too! So you can just grab them from the fridge in the morning.
Makes 2 servings
(per 1) Carbs 38.3g / Fat 8.5g / Protein 8.4g / Calories 241.8
NOTE: This is calculated without including milk.
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (or cacao or carob)
- 1/2 a ripe banana
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 pinch of desiccated coconut
- (optional) Nut-milk to serve
- In a container which can be sealed air tight place the 1 cup and oats, 2 tbsp of cocoa and stir in 1 cup of boiling water
- Add in 1/2 a banana (which has been cut up into small pieces)
- Stir all these ingredients together until there is an even consistency
- Seal container and place it in the fridge overnight
- Remove container in the morning and serve with a pinch of desiccated coconut and 1 tbsp of peanut butter (go easy on these because desiccated coconut is surprisingly high in saturated fat, and peanut butter is a very calorie-dense food - 100+ calories for 1 spoonful).
- If you want, you could add something like an almond milk or hazelnut milk to eat it with.