Makes 2 servings
(per 1) Carbs 36.8g / Fat 30.2g / Protein 16.7g / Calories 464
- 1 avocado
- 2 beetroot
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 40g (2 small handfuls) pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 red cabbage
- 3-4 large handfuls of spinach and rocket
(measurements not exact, just make enough to cover the mushrooms)
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Preheat your oven to 200C (~400F)
- Prepare two beetroot to be roasted (remove tops, wash the outside, place in al foil and add a small amount of water inside), place the wrapped beetroots in a tray and allow to cook for 1 hour
- Create your marinate mix
- After beetroots have been placed in the oven slice up 4 portobello mushrooms and place them in the mix, allow them to sit in the mix for at least 15 minutes before you cook them.
- Cook the mushrooms on a medium heat in a skillet for approximately 10 minutes.
- Place mushrooms in a container in the fridge to cool down.
- Remove the beetroot from the oven after an hour, press a fork into the beetroot to ensure they are cooked, if the fork slides in easily they are done.
- Cut the other end off the beetroot and slice a line from the top to the bottom, this will allow you to easily remove the beetroot skin.
- After the skin has been removed dice up the beetroot and then place it in a container in the freezer to cool down for 10 minutes.
- Slice up 1 avocado.
- Cut up 1/4 of a red cabbage, and prep your spinach and rocket.
- Plate up the leafy ingredients, add the mushrooms and beetroot, sprinkle some pumpkin seeds over the top and then add your avocado!