10 Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is probably one of the most versatile things that you can keep in your cupboard. It is used in dressings, marinades, preservatives, vinaigrettes, etc is is is made from fermented apples. However, even a small amount of this sour liquid used in other ways can have many health benefits:
1) Weight Loss Studies such as this one have shown that daily consumption of apple cider vinegar led to lower blood sugar and insulin levels and greater weight loss. Just put 1-2 teaspoons of the vinegar in a glass of water and drink it in the morning (also remember it's the entire lifestyle that counts, this isn't a magic potion).
2) Aids Digestion ACV improves digestion because it contains heaps of necessary minerals and other trace elements that your body needs to break down food. (1-2 tsp in a glass of water).
3) Scar Reduction If diluted with a ratio 1:4 (acv: water) and dabbed on the face it can regulate the pH level of your skin, helping to reduce scarring. Or you can make a face mask such as this one.
4) Immunity ACV is antiviral and helps your immune system. It is also able to help clean out your lymph nodes. (1-2 tsp in a glass of water).
5) Reduce Bad Breath If you have bad breath it can be used to help treat this. Dilute ACV in warm water and gargle with it twice a day.
6) Reduce Cramping Drinking diluted ACV can help with increasing potassium levels throughout the body, which will reduce cramping in muscles. (1-2 tsp in a glass of water).
7) Soothe Sunburnt Skin If you have sunburnt skin pop some ACV into your bath water and soak your skin for 15-20 minutes to reduce the burning sensation.
8) Allergy-Friendly Household Cleaner Can be used as a household cleaner because it's antibacterial (one part vinegar and two parts water).
9) Liver Protection Apple Cider Vinegar helps protect liver and kidneys from dietary cholesterol, as found in this study.
10) Sooth a Sore Throat Half a tablespoon of ACV mixed with hot water and honey can help sooth a sore throat.