Recipe: Chewy No-Bake Date Bar
These no-bake date bars are such a convenient little snack! We made some the other weekend (and by 'we' I mean I made them and Beau stood around laughing at the food processor turning the ingredients into a giant ball). If you cut these up and then wrap them individually they're super simple to take to work or wherever you need to be throughout the day. The good fats in the cashews will help keep you feeling full so you can make it to your next meal without grabbing something that you shouldn't be eating!
Makes 8 bars
(per 1) Carbs 51.9g / Fat 1.2g / Protein 2g / Calories 205
- 500g dates (pitted!)
- 10g cashews
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cocoa
1. Place dates and chia seeds into a food processor and process on a slow speed until they have broken down
2. Add in cashews
3. After the cashews have broken apart add in the cocoa and then the coconut nectar
4. Once the coconut nectar has been added the mixture may form into a big ball. If it does, stop the machine, break it up, and then process again for a little bit longer.
5. Line a shallow container with baking paper and scoop the mixture in
6. Chill in the fridge for a few hours and then cut into slices!