Recipe: Sesame Salmon & Asparagus Salad
Makes 2 servings
(per 1) Carbs 17g / Fat 32g / Protein 32g / Calories 468
- 2 x 250g pieces of salmon
- Sesame seeds
- Cayenne pepper
- Avocado oil (or olive oil)
- Asparagus (~10 spears)
- Baby spinach leaves
- Boiled or baked beetroot
- Rice wine vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Spring onions
- (optional) Himalayan salt or smoked salt flakes
- Place asparagus, olive oil and salt into a frying pan, cook asparagus for 3-5 minutes
- Remove asparagus from the pan and place on paper towel to cool and allow excess oil to drain off.
- In a bowl or tray combine sesame seeds, turmeric, cumin and cayenne pepper to create the coating for your salmon.
- Now press salmon pieces into the coating mix.
- Cook salmon on high heat for 2-3 mins per side.
- While salmon is cooking take your pre-cooked beetroot and slice thinly.
- Wash baby spinach leaves in preparation for salad assembly.
- To create the dressing mix together sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and spring onions.
- Remove salmon from the pan, assemble salad and serve.