Sometimes you just want to have a treat! I decided to try and make some cookies that were relatively high in protein and had the absolute minimal amount of sugar possible. The only sugar in them is the small amount in the peanut butter and the dark chocolate, choose your brands carefully, as it can cause the macros to fluctuate.
Makes 10 cookies
(per 1) 14g Carbs / 14g Fat / 13g Protein / 164 Cals
Ingredients (check links to see which ones I used)
- 1.5 cups of oats
- 1 cup whey protein
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 6 tablespoons of grassfed butter
- 2 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2g (2 sachets) stevia
- 6 squares of 90% dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup light high protein milk
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F)
- You will need two mixing bowls, let's call them mixing bowl 'A' for dry goods, and mixing bowl 'B' (a glass bowl) for liquids
- Place mixing bowl 'B' on top of a saucepan of water, and set the heat to high (this will allow the water to bowl underneath and heat up the glass mixing bowl).
- While bowl 'B' is heating up, place 1 cup of oats into a blender or food processor to process down to a flour.
- Place blended oats, the other 1/2 cup of oats, protein powder, cacao powder, salt, and baking powder into mixing bowl 'A' - stir together
- Head back over to bowl 'B', which should now be warm, and put in butter and stevia, stir these until they are melted, then bring the bowl back over to the bench
- In bowl 'B' place the egg, vanilla extract, and milk and stir together.
- Now slowly pour the contents of bowl 'A' (the oats/protein powder etc) into bowl 'B' - do it a bit at a time, and stir as you go.
- The mixture should become thick enough that you're able to easily roll it into balls.
- Chop up 6 squares of dark chocolate and mix them through (optional).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Take some mixture with hands and roll it into a ball that's about 1" in diameter
- Press the batter onto the baking paper (you may need 2 trays)
- Cook in the oven for 6 minutes (fan-forced oven time), or up to 10 minutes if you prefer crunchy cookies.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack