This salad seriously packs a punch and is great to eat as a snack during work, it's high in protein and good fats to keep you feeling full and content. If you so desire you can also serve it with some brown rice.
This recipe has been adapted from our GET LEAN: Nutrition eBook. The GET LEAN eBook has 3 different ways of creating each recipe according to what best suits your body type. For the purpose of posting it on the blog I will be adapting it to one-size-fits-all. If you wish to see the whole recipe plus 24 others and heaps of nutritional information on food and how to eat better make sure you pick up a copy of the eBook!
Makes 1 serving
Carbs 33g / Fat 23g /Protein 13g / Calories 390
- 1/2 cup kale
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup cucumber
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/4 avocado
- 20g pumpkins seeds
- (optional) 20g sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- (optional) 1/4 cup brown rice
- Wash vegetables and then cut up the cucumber and green beans
- Place them all into a bowl to serve
- If packing up the salad to take to work wrap the lime and avocado separately and cut/serve them with the salad when you are ready to eat it.