I know I am normally not supposed to eat bread, and most of the time I avoid it, but lately I have been adding a bit back into my diet to see how it goes. It was fine at first, but now all of a sudden I am super bloated, and I don't mean a little bloated, I mean crazy balloon belly bloated with a painful stomach. To help reduce that I will be cutting bread out of my diet again but I also like to make a tea and I thought I would share the recipe with you guys! It works best if you have 2-3 of them in a day.
The main ingredient in the tea is crushed fennel seeds. Fennel can be used to treat heaps of digestive problems like bloating, loss of appetite, heartburn and even IBS, it has great anti-inflammatory properties.
- Peppermint Tea (optional)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- Boiling water
- Crush fennel seeds with a mortar and pestle (or just with the back of a spoon if you don't have one)
- Place seeds in a strainer
- Add boiling water and (optional) peppermint tea to a mug/teacup
- Steep the fennel seeds in the tea for about 3-4 minutes before drinking
If fennel works for you too I'd love to know!