Recipe: Skinny Chocolate Mousse
The thing I love about single-serve desserts is that there's no leftovers! No sneaky trips to the fridge to just "have a little more", and even better, this lil baby is pretty much guilt free and is totally vegan! Normally chocolate mousse is filled with dark chocolate, eggs and thickened cream… none of that in this one.
Makes 2 servings
(per 1) Carbs 35.6g / Fat 12.9g / Protein 4.7g / Calories 257.5
- 1 medium, ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa if you dislike cacao)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar syrup (you can find this in health food shops usually)
1. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and blend (handheld electric egg beater works perfectly) them together until the mixture is of a very smooth consistency
2. Spoon into serving glass and refrigerate for about an hour before serving
* Some toppings you could throw on are coconut flakes, strawberries, cherries, or some crushed pistachios.