Makes: 15 fat bombs
(per 1) Carbs 1.9g / Fat 13g / Protein 3g / Calories 136
This recipe is created for ketogenic diets. If you are not on a ketogenic diet the macronutrient ratio in this recipe may not suit you!
- 50g (~1.7 ounces) unsalted butter
- 400g (~14 ounces) ricotta
- 1 scoop stevia
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp unsweetened vanilla extract
- For rolling:
- Coconut oil
- Spare shredded coconut
- Place a saucepan on a very low heat on the stovetop with unsalted butter in it.
- Once butter is melted add the ricotta and stir until the ricotta melts into the butter
- Add in a scoop (the tiny scoop it comes with, or a 1g sachet, not a spoon-worth) of stevia and 1/3 cup of shredded coconut (1/2 at a time is easiest) and mix through the ricotta.
- Add psyllium husk and mix through.
- Add in cardamom and vanilla extract and mix well until the ingredients start to form a 'dough ball'
- Turn off the stove and allow the mixture to cool for approximately 10 minutes before handling.
- While the mixture is cooling set up a tray to place the finished fat bombs on. A tray or plate with baking paper on top will do just fine (just make sure it can fit in your fridge).
- Once the mixture has cooled enough to handle place some coconut oil on your fingertips (so the mixture doesn't get stuck to your fingers) and roll a small amount into a ball and press an almond inside.
- You can then roll this ball mixture into shredded coconut and place it onto the plate.
- These will store in the fridge for approximately 1 week, or longer in the freezer.