Makes 3 serves
509 cal / 43 P / 45 C / 15 F
- 150g Quinoa rigatoni (I got mine here) - alternatively you could use a whole grain pasta
- 300g Chicken breast
- 1 small punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup kale leaves
- 1.5 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- Garlic (as much or as little as you like)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- First we will make the pesto, place all ingredients in a food processor (or Nutribullet etc) and blend. Set aside.
- Place a pot on to boil (for pasta) and a pan on to heat up (for chicken).
- Whilst waiting for the pan to heat up slice 300g of chicken
- Place chicken on hot pan and allow to cook.
- As soon as the water in the pot is boiling place pasta in to took (this should take around 10 mins).
- Once pasta is finished cooking place it into the pan with the chicken (which should be finished cooking now too)
- Now scoop the pesto mix into the pan with the chicken and pasta and stir.
- Add cherry tomatoes and stir for a little longer to combine the pesto through the pasta and chicken.
- Serve (optional - add some almond flakes on top).