A delicious dinner that’s easy to prep for multiple people (or to leave some leftover salad for yourself the next day).
Dinner doesn’t have to take forever! Whip up this filling low carb beef noodle bowl in under 30 minutes! This dish is a great way to get some extra veg into your day without it being too much fuss.
I've tried a few low carb pizza options before (back when I was low carb, but not when I was Keto) and I've never found an option which I loved. I created a cauliflower base back when I put together the Nutrition Guide eBook, and since then haven't found an option I liked better.. UNTIL NOW!!! This low carb base took a few experiments to create, but it turned out better than I expected! Pizza recipes coming soon ;)
Makes 1 Small Base (2 servings in my opinion)
(per serve) Carbs 3g / Fat 21.5g / Protein 10g / Calories 232
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 pinch smoked salt flakes (or Himalayan salt)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup almond flour (potentially more, read on)
- Preheat oven to 215C (420F)
- Place cream cheese and mozzarella in a bowl and microwave for approximately 1 minute (until they are melted)
- Remove cheeses from microwave and stir (the mixture will stick together slightly)
- Add salt flakes and garlic powder, stir again
- Add in 1 egg white and almond flour and mix through well. The mixture should now be very similar to a dough, just not so heavy. You should be able to handle it with relative ease (see image below). If it's not, add a little more almond flour until the mix is slightly less sticky and more of a dough consistency.
- Line a pizza tray or baking tray with baking paper
- Place the 'dough' mixture on top and press out until it's about 20cm in diameter (you can also roll the edges inwards to get a more raised crust).
- Cook in the oven for 15mins until golden, remove and add toppings of choice and re-cook (for another 15-20)! More pizza recipes with low carb topping ideas coming soon!
Makes 1 serving
Carbs 8.3g / Fat 26.3g / Protein 20.7g / Calories 348
- 12 prawns (peeled)
- Avocado oil
- Smoked salt flakes
- Chilli flakes
- Baby watercress
- Baby spinach
- 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 an avocado
- Place a pan on medium heat with prawns, avocado oil, smoked salt flakes and chilli flakes (it's best to prepare these ingredients together in a bowl beforehand and then add them to the pan). Cook for around 3-5mins per side
- Separately, prepare your salad ingredients
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl
- Dress the salad with lemon juice and avocado oil
Makes 2 servings
(per 1) Carbs 102g / Fat 22.9g /Protein 24.8g / Calories 250 (per serve)
- 350g prawns
- 6 cloves of garlic (can be crushed or minced if you prefer)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10 spears of asparagus
- 3 zucchini
- 1-2 pinches of smoked salt flakes (this can be omitted)
- Place a plan on the stovetop on a medium heat with the olive oil and garlic, cook these for 2-3 mins
- While the garlic is cooking set out a large bowl, and boil a kettle (to make the zucchini noodles)
- Using a mandolin slicer or vegetable spiraliser turn the zucchini into long, thin noodles and place them in a large bowl.
- After the kettle has boiled pour the hot water over the zucchini and allow it to cool for around 10 mins.
- Back to the pan on the stovetop, add in your prawns and allow them to cool fully on one side.
- After they have been sitting on one side for a few minutes flip them over
- Wash and slice up asparagus and add to the pan, along with smoked salt flakes
- Allow the asparagus and prawns to cook for a further 5 minutes
- Once your zucchini noodles are finished drain the water from the bowl and pat them down with paper towel a little so that they aren't soaking.
- Remove your asparagus and prawns from the pan and serve all together.