Recipe: Easy Fat Pizza Base
Makes 1 Small Base (2 servings in my opinion)
PER SERVING: Carbs 3g / Protein 10g / Fat 21.5g / Calories 232
I've tried a few low carb pizza options before (back when I was low carb, but not when I was Keto) and I've never found an option which I loved. I created a cauliflower base back when I put together the Nutrition Guide eBook, and since then haven't found an option I liked better.. UNTIL NOW!!! This low carb base took a few experiments to create, but it turned out better than I expected! Pizza recipes coming soon ;)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 pinch smoked salt flakes (or Himalayan salt)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup almond flour (potentially more, read on)
- Preheat oven to 215C (420F)
- Place cream cheese and mozzarella in a bowl and microwave for approximately 1 minute (until they are melted)
- Remove cheeses from microwave and stir (the mixture will stick together slightly)
- Add salt flakes and garlic powder, stir again
- Add in 1 egg white and almond flour and mix through well. The mixture should now be very similar to a dough, just not so heavy. You should be able to handle it with relative ease (see image below). If it's not, add a little more almond flour until the mix is slightly less sticky and more of a dough consistency.
- Line a pizza tray or baking tray with baking paper
- Place the 'dough' mixture on top and press out until it's about 20cm in diameter (you can also roll the edges inwards to get a more raised crust).
- Cook in the oven for 15mins until golden, remove and add toppings of choice and re-cook (for another 15-20)! More pizza recipes with low carb topping ideas coming soon!