Recipe: Sweet Apple, Date & Walnut Oats
It's meant to be summer here - *meant* to be... It's currently cold and rainy. I've been spending my Sunday morning editing the last photos that need to be done for the 8 Week Transformation Challenge eBook. We've already had over 150 people sign up for it, I am so excited! (By the way, if you sent through a request to be a part of the challenge I have sent out your thankyou/information emails, if you haven't received it yet I suggest you check your junk or spam inboxes! Let me know here if you still haven't got them!) Anyway, this morning has been busy and quiet and Beau won't wake up so I decided to make this for breakfast for myself. Hands down my new favourite breakfast for training days, it's high in carbohydrates and good fats to help fuel your workout.
Makes 1 serving
Carbs 119.7g / Fat 15.5g / Protein 8.7g / Calories 611.3
*GF depending on what type of oats you use.
- 1 medium apple (diced)
- 4 dates (chopped)
- 20g walnuts (chopped)
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup oats
- 2/3 cups water
- Place diced apple and coconut sugar in a pan on a low heat, stir occasionally
- In a saucepan combine oats and water on low heat and stir regularly until water almost absorbed
- Once the water is absorbed in the saucepan add chopped dates and continue to stir until water is fully absorbed into the oats
- Add the apple into the saucepan and stir to combine
- Remove from saucepan and add walnuts to serve