Recipe: Tabbouleh Pita Pocket
I generally like to make sure I have a few base ingredients pre-prepared for days where I want to eat 'lazy' food. If you pre-prep your tabbouleh you can whip up this dish in a matter of minutes. You're just stuffing food into other food, it's so simple I'm sure anyone could do it!
If you are pre-prepping this and plan on using it frequently double or triple the ingredients below.
- 1 cup of rinsed quinoa
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch of himalayan salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 2/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Pita Pocket Ingredients
- Some of the tabbouleh which we will make
- Large handful of rocket
- 1-2 tablespoons of hummus
- 1 pita bread (wholewheat or wholegrain is the best option)
- First we are making the tabbouleh! Grab your rinsed quinoa and place it in a saucepan with a 2:1 ratio of water:quinoa. Bring it to the boil. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking prep all your other tabbouleh ingredients (mincing the garlic, chopping the onion and tomatoes, etc, see above list).
- When the quinoa is done mix it in with the other ingredients. It's best to serve this cold for the pita pocket so pop it in the fridge.
- When you want to make the pita pocket open it however you like, there are a variety of methods, but I like to just cut mine in half. Spoon some hummus and then pack in your tabbouleh and some fresh rocket! Good to go.