Recipe: Balancing Slice (Keto + Vegan)
Makes 6 slices
Carbs 7g / Protein 3g / Fat 18g / Calories 189 (each slice)
I'm calling this the balancing slice because it contains Maca which is fantastic for balancing your hormones, and psyllium husk which is great for balancing your... (hmm, politely) digestive system!
This recipe is created for people who are on a ketogenic diet. If you are not on a ketogenic diet this macronutrient ratio might not suit your goals.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil butter (example)
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp macadamia oil
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 3 tbsp psyllium husk
- 4 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp unsweetened vanilla extract
- 2 drops liquid sweetener
- Place a saucepan on low heat on your stove with coconut oil butter and almond butter
- Melt the coconut oil butter and almond butter, then add macadamia oil, vanilla, sweetener and stir.
- Once this is mixed add the maca powder, psyllium husk and shredded coconut and mix together well.
- Line a small container with baking paper and pour mixture in.
- Allow to set in the freezer for approximately 1 hour prior to eating. Best stored in fridge or freezer.